Kênh Tên Miền chuyên cung cấp tên miền đẹp, giá rẻ! Hãy liên hệ kỹ thuật: 0914205579 - Kinh doanh: 0912191357 để được tư vấn, hướng dẫn miễn phí, Cảm ơn quý khách đã ủng hộ trong thời gian qua!
kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Thursday 26 January 2012


The last (and only) time I've been to Disney World was when I was around 9 yo, and since then, although a lot of people had offered me to go, I haven't been to any kind of theme park anywhere in the world. I'm lying, I just reminded that while in Argentina I went to an amusement park but it was a small thing. In Australia there is the WB's Movie World, and I've been wanting to go as much as wanting to travel to Gold Coast (where it is located). So far, I haven't been there yet (and *spoilers alert* I am planning to go there in the middle of this year). While planning my trip to Singapore my friend suggested me to go to Universal Studios, since it's new and they had recently launched the Transformers ride. So once there another group of friends also wanted to join us and we planned a day that could fit everybody to go. As I always say, when you plan things they never go your way (thousand of bad experiences when I plan things, unplanned for me is always better). Long story short, one of them got sick and the rest of them decided not to go, so at the end it was only me and my friend going to Sentosa Island where USS is.

universal

My joy and excitement was unique because I had no idea of what to expect, although I've heard it's not very big and that it's packed with tourist, I had no idea of what things I could find inside. And the very first thing that appeared once my ticket was scanned was Beetlejuice! If you're new here you should know that I'm a huge Burton fan, and that's all I'll say for now. I ran screaming Beetlejuice and saying "I so need a picture with you!". We look so good together.

universal studios

new york

mels dinner

The first thing we wanted to ride was the Transformers thing, so we started walking towards there (as we walked through the Hollywood and New York area) and just before getting there, the entrance for the roller coaster appeared. Here's a little something you didn't know about me (or maybe yo do), I am super highly mega scared of roller coasters. More than the fact that they are big and they just go doing loops and everything, I am terrified of the effect that they can have in me afterwards, dizziness, headaches, and wanting to bring all of my food back where they came from. As a person who has suffered terrible migraines for a long period of her life, I want to avoid anything that could make me feel in a similar way, so I've always stayed away from roller coasters. But as my resolution is to try new things and stop putting excuses to everything I told myself that on that day I was going to ride that roller coaster (and I found out later that the roller coaster is actually 2-in-1, but  more on that later). I said to my friend to leave the roller coaster to the end, for the big finale, and we left.

IMG_1722
so, where were the dinosaurs?

The Transformers ride was under maintenance, and hopefully it would open again later that day. So we started going through the entire park, since I wanted to ride absolutely everything. We started through Egypt (The Mummy games), and then through the Lost World (the Jurassic Park games) and then we arrived at Far Far Away. I am a huge fan of Shrek, and I've gotta say that in spanish in way funnier than in english. There, I said it. But seriously, I hate translations, I don't like when they translate movies to different languages because I feel that the jokes and word games are lost in translation. But, as for cartoons, spanish is the language. There ain't any cartoon that I've enjoyed more in english than in spanish. Seriously. Anyway, I was there in Shrek-land not being able to share any of the shrek jokes since all of them are in spanish, but I enjoyed going through all of the rides and the Shrek 4D movie. Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to go see donkey sing karaoke.

far far away

IMG_1740
do you know why the pose?

Later we went to Madagascar where I move it move it, and since I wanted to go to every single ride in the park, we also went to the carousel! Oh yes it was fun, specially since we rode the old lady (that could sound so bad). And old lady knows how to do it.

carousel

madagascar
(you can see my mosquito bites!)

We also went back to New York and the Hollywood lane and I got a picture with Betty Boop, Charles Chaplin and Optimus Prime. I was like a kid on crack! I played, sang, screamed, ran, and harassed everyone so I could have my photo taken (my turn, my turn!).

holywood
best lover indeed - this goes to all of you!

IMG_1872

Untitled-1
yeah yeah I know this is not optimus, he's in another photo but I don't look that good there

Finally we made it for our last two games, the Transformes ride and the huge roller coaster. The transformers one I've gotta say that is beyond amazing, uberly cool! It's a 3D ride, and you can seriously place yourself there, being attacked, going everywhere, and fighting the decepticons. I was amazed! Finally we went to the roller coaster, which is really 2 combined in 1: the human vs cyclon. So one of the roller coasters you go sitting down and the other one you go with your feet hanging. We went to the red one first (the one where you sit). Since we were super lucky that day and no one was there, we didn't have to make any lines to get in, and I said to myself that I was not going to make any excuse and just ride the damn thing and get over with it. But my friend made it worst when I was already sitting down and putting the security belt and he started laughing saying that it was shitty scary. So I chickened out and started saying "I don't want to go, I'm gonna puke, I don't want to". But yeah, part of me wanted to go (very little tiny part). So I asked to the dude there who was adjusting my belt if it's was a fast ride. "82.8 km/hr" ... Ok, that didn't help, I was asking bout the time. "1 minute and 30 seconds". And so it began. I grasped my friend's hand and the damn thing accelerated all at once while going up (14 storeys high) and then ... you fall. I screamed my heart out (and then pushed it back inside) as I went down and then I started laughing. I couldn't stop laughing the whole ride, I even shed a tear from the laughter. It was so freakingly fun and fast and nothing happened so we went to the other one. We sat in the last seats where my friend once again started laughing saying those were the worst seats. And we went again, I screamed all the way through, with every loop and roll that thing made. And then it was over. I graduated with honours by riding that monster-double-roller coaster.

sci fi

IMG_1917

And so the day ended and we went home for some KFC and movies (KFC in Singapore is yummy and not horrible like in Australia, and the chips come with melted cheese!). I so enjoyed my day there, and my cherrylips was definitely the best company I could have had (had have? have had? whatever, you get the point). I want to go again, but for now I'll make my way to the one in Gold Coast. Anyone interested?


* I took all of those photos with my friend's compact camera. Thought I should mention it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts