Kênh Tên Miền chuyên cung cấp tên miền đẹp, giá rẻ! Hãy liên hệ kỹ thuật: 0914205579 - Kinh doanh: 0912191357 để được tư vấn, hướng dẫn miễn phí, Cảm ơn quý khách đã ủng hộ trong thời gian qua!
kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Wednesday 25 January 2012


If I had to resume Singapore in one word it would be: food. Humidity was a runner-up and almost made it but I guess food should win this one, because it was not only cheap (in a very expensive country) but it was also good (as good as the one from my country, and that's saying a lot).

The journey to my trip started quite early, since I had to take the train and then the shuttle bus in order to get to the airport. My flight was at 3 am so I decided to be there quite early and since my friend couldn't take me there then I decided to go early and take public transport. Who knew that could be a good decision? I was one of the first ones in line waiting to check in (I usually do it online but my printer was not working) and once in the counter they offered me a free upgrade to business class (because I am that awesome! and also because they overbooked all the seats in that flight). So hello business class!


Gate Airport

Business in Emirates was amazing, the seat even had massage. So of course I enjoyed it and didn't want to sleep trying to get as much as I can, but at the end I got an hour to close my eyes and then continue watching movies. Btw, watched The Help and loved it! But since everything needs to be balanced, for every good thing we need a bad one. I had to catch a connection flight in Malaysia, and my plane was waiting for a while before it could grab a gate where we could get out. At the beginning I didn't mind because I was still watching The Help and couldn't care more, but then I realized that I only had one hour since the moment I arrived till I had to catch the other flight, and if we were not getting out of the plane then chances of missing my connection flight were pretty high. But no, I didn't miss my flight. Someone from that airline was waiting for me and another girl who was also going to Singapore, and she took us to the counter to get our tickets and then to make our way to our gate. Now the bad thing here was that because of that delay our bags didn't arrive in Singapore. Surprisingly I wasn't mad or scared of not getting my bag, I guess a part of me was thinking that I had travel insurance and if something happened I could always claim for all of it and more, and the other part was excited to get out of the airport and start my adventure. They did find my bag eventually, in Malaysia, and it arrived that night. But for the rest of the day I had to be in super humid Singapore wearing black skinny jeans ... my legs were in a sauna!

Orchard Rd
Orchard Rd - full of shopping centers

Kings
Playing kings - being lucky at it

Candy Tree
Candy tree? Seriously? I so want one for next Christmas!

Remember that photoshoot I took some months ago and that got several comments in my facebook page? Well, that guy is my friend, and he borrowed me his room while he slept in the couch for all the time I was there. He took me out pretty much everywhere. We went to Orchard Road, which is a very long street full of shopping centers, that are always full of people. Then we went out to his friend's place where I learned how to play Mahjong and we stayed up til very very very very late since he wanted to gain his money back to pay the taxi. I played drinking games instead, just so I could stay awake (yes, just because of that).

Cherry Lips
my cherrylips

New Year's Eve, his parents invited me to eat (and hell did I eat!), and I tried an extremely amazing chilli crab that tasted so freaking good that I ate the entire thing almost by myself and I didn't care at all that my hands and face were all dirty, I so effin' enjoyed it. But the big thing that night was that I ate frog for the very first time. Of course I thought that it would be yuck, but, since I am in my "no excuses" mode then I decided to give it a try. And I tried them all, because it was yummy, tasted like a very tender chicken drumstick. Later we went down to the city to check on the fireworks and to take some photos, and after that we had carrot cake (I told ya, I ate every time I could!).

Eating Frog

_DSC0047

Fullerton Hotel

New Year

By the way, did you know you are not allowed to eat gum in Singapore? Fines are so expensive for everything, and that is the main reason why it's one of the safest and cleanest places I've ever been. By forbidding gum then they prevent people from throwing them anywhere or putting them under any bench or table or who knows where. You're also not allowed to eat or drink in any train, and unlike pretty much any country where this is also forbidden, at least here they respect it because again, fines are expensive. Although I'm a riot girl, I controlled myself and did not eat any gum (though I pretended I was doing so just to see what happened ... my friend looked at me hopeless).

Despite the fact that it's very humid and that the second you're out of any place with air-con you start sweating, I still went out for a very long walk to know all the places from the city. I spotted the Esplanade which has the shape of a Durian (a fruit from there that for some people it's very smelly and tastes bad but for locals it's quite good ... and for me it smells ok but tastes bad!), and the three buildings that look as if a plane had just landed on top of them. Apparently it's a hotel (after a very long discussion between my friends of whether it was a condo or a hotel). Didn't go all the way up cause it's quite pricey and I'm a poor backpacker that will go back one day with a very rich husband who will buy her drinks there (dreaming big?). I caught the sunset just outside the Esplanade and then went to the Fountain of Wealth, where a lot of locals go to get some wishes. You're supposed to walk around that thing three times with your right hand touching the water and make a wish while walking in circles. Some people take their time there and sneaky sneaky I think they walked more than three times. And of course, I went there! Hey, what are the chances, right? If I get it right, well, good for me! If not, well at least I got a free hand wash.

_DSC0250

Esplanade

fountain of welth

I also went to the zoo, and although I was sweating from everywhere possible, I had a good time, the animals were so close and free that sometimes they just walked out from lake and started walking from side to side. Although one monkey tried to do that and got trapped in the muddy water and was struggling to get out and went to the wrong side and then couldn't go back to his family. It was pretty sad, and he looked quite confused not knowing where to go. Zoo keeper came later, and asked us to just give him some space, so we went. And funny thing is that I got bitten by more mosquitoes in the snake zone than when I was in Vietnam or Cambodia. Nasty itchy bites (and I'm allergic to them so they get really red and swollen). 

zoo

But everything must come to an end, and so I left Singapore, but memories (and lotsa photos to remember!) are kept forever (or as long as my brain can function properly). Stupid me didn't realize about the dates when I picked up for my return and I could have stayed for Chinese New Year, but ... you know me, didn't realize till it was late. Still, I had an amazing time there, and I loved it (except for the weather). My cherrylips is staying there to work, so I will miss him too, same as my other good friend Lin (who already started and I could only see her a couple of times). Thanks for the memories!

Chinese New Year

And just because, my resort (aka, my friend's place):

My home

Home


0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts