Kênh Tên Miền chuyên cung cấp tên miền đẹp, giá rẻ! Hãy liên hệ kỹ thuật: 0914205579 - Kinh doanh: 0912191357 để được tư vấn, hướng dẫn miễn phí, Cảm ơn quý khách đã ủng hộ trong thời gian qua!
kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Wednesday 1 February 2012


Lately I've been trying to get immersed in my daily activities, the routine, back to work, the everyday life. Of course not everything is work or boring stuff, I've also been catching up with my TV shows (before any law applies and I'm not longer able to watch them through the internet) and the latest movies.

Let's talk about the latest, shall we? We've all read the Oscar nomination list (we all have, right?) and as surprisingly once again dear Leo didn't make the cut for his performance in J. Edgar. Haven't watch it yet, but I've heard that it's good and his performance was brilliant. I'm not sure what did Leo do to any member of the Academy but apparently there's some issues, considering that he hasn't won, or been nominated when he should have. He wasn't even invited to the ceremony when Titanic was nominated! Maybe he slept with someone's daughter or maybe he didn't and that's the issue. So my next movie to check is that one, to see if it's really as great as they say.

Girl with the dragon tattoo, so great that they had to make an english version. I started reading it last year, but got only to the first few pages before I swapped it to read Great Expectations. I've picked it up again, specially after watching the movie. I am a fan of read the book / watch the movie, in that order, but sometimes I don't follow my own motto and sometimes I find books thanks to movies. I knew Great Expectations was a book, but by the age I first saw that movie I wasn't that interested in reading that kind of literature, but since now I'm changing and widening my taste in books, and since the movie is one of my favourites, then I bought it and read it. Once again I'm there, reading now Girl with dragon tattoo. But as for the movie, it was long and despite that it kept my attention for the entire film. I can't compare it to the book since I'm still reading it, so I'm not sure if it's length is due to the details that they didn't wanted to take out or just because. And despite the fact that it's also a lineal story (although there are some flashbacks just to illustrate the case) it's not boring at all. It's the suspense in it that keeps your attention, and somehow you think it's ending but yet there's still more to go ahead. Even when I went to bed just before falling asleep I kept saying "aaahhh ... now, that makes sense", still thinking of the plot. Rooney Mara got a nomination for best actress for that movie. And, did you know that she appeared in The Social Network? She's Zuckerberg's ex-girlfriend.



The Descendants is another one that I just saw last night. I have to say that when I first heard about the movie the only thing I knew was that George Clooney was in it and that was pretty much it, so I really had no intention of watching it or whatsoever. A couple of weeks ago I was coming back home after a party and a lady in the train started talking to me, and I was a bit tired and slightly hangover so I just kept watching her and not saying anything. Let her talk. And she mentioned that the story from the Descendants was what happened to his brother and that he had to go through the similar thing with his kids and everything. It got my attention, of course I had no idea of who Clooney was playing or what was the plot, so I got intrigued. I just saw that it was not a big scandal turned into movie or anything like that. It's about a husband who's always worried about work and now had to take care of his kids because his wife had an accident. It's a drama with a bit of funny parts. Not my personal choice of movie but it's those kind of films that then leaves you thinking about your life. I was tired by the end of the movie to think about my life so I just went to sleep. But hey, it's nominated for best picture.

Sherlock Holmes, although is not an Oscar nominee, it's still a movie I went to see cause well, it's Sherlock Holmes. It won't lose it's charm; the funny and intriguing way of solving mysteries makes him a claimed character. Besides that, the slow motion in some scenes -specially when they're running in the woods- made me love it even more. Rachel McAdams makes an appearance at the beginning of the movie. Not boring at all.

The Help, a brilliant and shocking true story that some people still have to live with. I watched this while I was in the plane (half of it on my way there and the other half on my way back), and at the beginning I wasn't sure of watching it because I'm not a huge fan of dramas, but something made me press play. Oh and how it touched me! Yes, a bit late, a lot of people have seen this already but that doesn't make it less brilliant. It makes you laugh, it makes you want to yell, and it even makes you hungry (that fried chicken, yum!). But it's a good story, about breaking social patterns and standing for what you believe, and sometimes we need to remember that. Besides that, didn't you feel like hugging Celia everytime? 



And finally, Underworld. I love vampires and everything that have to do with them since I was very young, and it got very intense when I read and watch Dracula from Bram Stoker. Of course it all died when the Twilight Saga and Vampire Diaries came out. Yes, I read the books and I hated 3/4 of them, and the movies are getting even worst. And don't get me started with Vampire Diaries. But Underworld was before that, and it caught my attention when the first movie came out, it was an upgrade of vampires and weapons and very tight clothes with big boots. They were so elegant, so intriguing, so sexy. And then came the second movie, which I also watched and then the third one where they pretty much showed the story of the lycanthropes. So fourth movie was coming and Kate Beckinsale was in it so I thought it should be fun to watch, but oh how I was wrong. It's like a production that seemed to have some cash and didn't know what to do with it so they decided to create a little tiny story, and so they filmed Underworld 4. Humans fighting vampires, I get it, it could have been bigger, but this was a mixture of Resident Evil only that with vampires. The entire length of it was one hour and 15 minutes. Not even a decent cartoon movie ends that quick. Not worth paying money for it. And, can someone please explain me how is that vampires have kids?



So far in my list I still have The Artist, J Edgar and not sure what else was in that list. What movies do you like and which one do you think deserves an Oscar?

*update* You should check this.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts