Kênh Tên Miền chuyên cung cấp tên miền đẹp, giá rẻ! Hãy liên hệ kỹ thuật: 0914205579 - Kinh doanh: 0912191357 để được tư vấn, hướng dẫn miễn phí, Cảm ơn quý khách đã ủng hộ trong thời gian qua!
kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Tuesday 20 March 2012

Umberto Giannini has just brought out a range of hair kits, which contain the tools and instructions to create a certain look. I love my hot rollers and vintage-inspired hair, so thought I'd give the Vintage Hair kit a go:


I was suckered in by the pretty packaging

The 'Kit' is pretty good value at £12, and there was way more inside than I first expected:



I was expecting them to be stingy on the roller front, (maybe because whenever I buy velcro roller sets there are NEVER enough) but to my surprise the set came with 12 different sized rollers! I thought the pin comb seemed good quality, and I've been meaning to buy one, so chuffed this was included. 
Surprising as well was how good quality the hair grips were, I was thinking they'd bend easily, but they're really sturdy, much better than the boots own brand ones I normally buy.

So far so good, as I bought this thinking it would be fun to use, but ultimately not great quality seeing as it was a fairly cheap kit...


I went to work on my just washed hair, and followed the instructions, blow dry hair until damp, then split into sections and put rollers in.

(FYI - I used Anti-Frizz Conditioning Spray and Curl Fluid from Clynol on my wet hair)

Review to Follow Shortly
Getting the rollers in was where things began to go a bit wrong. The velcro rollers WOULDN'T STAY IN, even with the help of grips. Then there was the different rolling technique recommended. I usually roll away from the face, but the set called for rolling underneath:

I swear I'm better at putting curlers in normally :(
TBH, I'm a bit iffy about this, I just don't think it worked great for me. Also, I ended up having to put some of my own rollers in with the set's ones (Don't let this put you off though, I need lots of rollers, I have long long hair).
Then there was the waiting. I think I've been spoiled by hot rollers which take 10 minutes, but even with blow drying before, drying with a diffuser, and waiting for a few hours, my hair still wasn't quite dry. Eventually, I had to take them out as I was getting a head ache.
And taking them out was a giant ball-ache as well, as all the *£$%^@ velcro rollers got STUCK and TANGLED in my hair, and I had to pull them out, messing up the curls, which weren't that defined to begin with.

Here's the end result:

Make-up: Dior Garden Clutch Palette


Verdict: I dunno, It's alright....I like that I got a bit of bounce on the top, but my hair's naturally curly anyway, so the ends are more my own hair's curl than the rollers' doing :/ A fun kit anyway, but I think this would work better for someone with shorter hair, and a lot more patience.

Here's a link to the video how-to.

I quite like the look of the Festival hair one, may try that next. Definitely not a fan of the Up-Do or Backcombing...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts