Kênh Tên Miền chuyên cung cấp tên miền đẹp, giá rẻ! Hãy liên hệ kỹ thuật: 0914205579 - Kinh doanh: 0912191357 để được tư vấn, hướng dẫn miễn phí, Cảm ơn quý khách đã ủng hộ trong thời gian qua!
kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Saturday 30 June 2012


So sorry for the hiatus in posting - I've been on a Marketing Summer School at the IDM (more info here) the past week, and it kept me ridiculously busy. In a good way though, it feels like I've managed to cram a huge amount of info into my head in such a short space of time.

Anyway, as I now have marketing on the brain, I wanted to post about something I came across today: the latest Dior Addict ad.


I was on youtube and the matching video came up as a banner ad. I was intrigued and clicked through to watch the video.


I was instantly hooked, everything appealed to me, the vintage 1960s french feel, the music, the concept of a 'Dior Woman'.

In case you didn't know, I adore old films. My mum has every Doris Day film ever made, and I was raised on them. Likewise I love old french films - My dad studied and lived in France so I speak the language, and I went on to study French literature and post-war European film as part of my degree course. 

My ideal of beauty would be:


Brigitte Bardot (Le Mépris)

Doris Day (Pillow Talk, That Touch of Mink)



Elizabeth Taylor (A Place in the Sun, Giant)

Marilyn Monroe (Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Some Like It Hot)

Jeanne Moreau (Jules and Jim)

...and many other silver screen sirens!

So when Dior Addict film started, with a lead up screaming vintage french glamour, I was expecting a woman who had something of the voluptuous sexuality of the above women.

Unfortunately not. 

There's no doubt in the video Daphne Groeneveld is beautiful, and she does remind me of Bridgette Bardot, in every way except for her figure. 

I may be causing controversy when I say this, but I was incredibly disappointed by the lack of curves the model has.

Here's the video:



For me, this made it startlingly clear how different our ideal of beauty has become. Everything else in this film led me to expect curves a la Bridgette Bardot, but instead we have a lean, tall figure. 

It did shock me - is this what we're now idolising? Is this how far removed we are from the hourglass figures and curves of the sixties? 

If this is the 'woman' Dior has created, I think I'll pass. I much prefer the image of woman Jeanne Moreau, Elizabeth Taylor, and Bridgette Bardot created.

What do you guys think? Does this make you want to buy Dior perfume?

Emma

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts