Kênh Tên Miền chuyên cung cấp tên miền đẹp, giá rẻ! Hãy liên hệ kỹ thuật: 0914205579 - Kinh doanh: 0912191357 để được tư vấn, hướng dẫn miễn phí, Cảm ơn quý khách đã ủng hộ trong thời gian qua!
kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Friday 25 May 2012


I've got a confession to make. I've been cheating ... I'm not only dating my thesis (lame as that since that whore is taking all my time -with the proper excuse moi for the language-) but recently I've been going out in a totally different path doing something else.

When I took a break from my blog I was trying to think what was going to happen when I finish my work here, I was tired of my experiments, bored with my life at the lab, just trying to finish things as fast as I can. I do love my career, I mean, it has taken me so much effort and so far (studying it for 10 years now with my proper degrees). It has open me a lot of opportunities, got to travel a lot thanks to it and for free (talking about presenting my work in Buenos Aires and in Sao Paulo, working for a month in Buenos Aires again, and then coming to Australia to study, all of that all-paid). I've earned my way here, and although a lot of people think it's because of my dad, it has actually costed me a lot to get where I am. The only thing I've got to thank my dad for is his constant way of annoying me trying to make me work harder. Sometimes, really annoying, but at the end it's all worthy.



So you might (or might not) wonder what's the problem then. I'm tired. I'm exhausted. I need a break. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I finish my thesis, but for sure is that I will have three to four months to give it a good thought and decide whether I want to stay here in Melbourne, go to another country or go back home for good. So, where's the cheating part? Couple of months ago I decided that since this was my last year here I should take advantage of the opportunity and take a course in something completely different but that for a very long time I've been thinking of one day doing. Long time ago I got the idea of one day having my own business, different from the science field, as a side-time thing. I wanted to be an event manager which is not just about planning parties with happy hours but also to organize corporate events such as conferences. It was something that I always had in my mind but never thought of doing something to achieve it. So I decided to start now, because at some time in your life you've got to take that step and try to make it work. Ok, maybe I took that step in the worst time because I am actually in a crazy year trying to finish my thesis, but at the same time I knew that if it wasn't now then it was never. So I tweeted something saying "is it too late to choose a different path from my career?" and someone replied to me "Yes". And that was what it took for me to stand up, grab my bag and enrol in that course. Because it's never too late, and people might laugh at you (you can laugh at my choice if you want) but ain't nothing like proving them wrong.
                                                                           Source: fromupnorth.com via Cynthia on Pinterest


I'm cheating on my career, but I'm not abandoning it. I still love it and we've worked so far to be together even when we hate each other (talking about long-term commitments) so right now we are having an open relationship. I don't want to throw it all away, of course not. So I might take some time off to enjoy holidays with my family, and after those months I'll decide what to do. I love teaching, and it's nothing like "those who can't do, teach", not at all. It's just that I need a time-out from doing research. And in the meantime I'll work out my business plan, so one day I might start working on it. For now, I'm enjoying taking that course. My grades are high, my tutor's comments are incredible awesome and motivating and I'm loving it. And with my thesis, I hate it but at the same time I kinda love it. It's encouraging when your supervisors are happy and they discuss your results, means you're doing it right. So it encourages me to keep working happy and not just going with the flow (there are days and, there are days, ups and downs, worst than a pre-menstrual bipolar bitch).

And although this might sound as an award-winning speech, I do really want to thank my friends (sisters included), the ones that encouraged me and helped me go through my ups and downs, for sticking there by my side. The ones that said to me "this is so you" and "I am so happy for you" and "come home and plan my wedding" haha. The ones that are close and that are far away and still distance won't make us grow apart. You can't go through without your friends. And I am glad to have them by my side. "True friendship isn't being inseparable, it's being separated and nothing changes".



Have a happy weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts