Kênh Tên Miền chuyên cung cấp tên miền đẹp, giá rẻ! Hãy liên hệ kỹ thuật: 0914205579 - Kinh doanh: 0912191357 để được tư vấn, hướng dẫn miễn phí, Cảm ơn quý khách đã ủng hộ trong thời gian qua!
kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Friday 18 May 2012

glamour-uk-march2012-6

Ever since I have discovered the link between parabens and cancer I became very aware of what I put on my skin, so the last couple of years were spent researching and trying various products to find the ones I was absolutely happy with.

Today I would like to talk about make-up because this is one thing that I haven’t written much about, but would love to discuss a bit deeper.

Finding the right organic and natural make-up products was definitely more challenging than the skincare. It had to work, look as undetectable as possible and be free from unwanted substances. I mean, would you really want to use something on your face or lips that contains powdered bugs? Then check your lipstick or blusher for carmine. If it’s there, so are the bugs called “cochineal”. Once collected and dried, they are made into red colouring often used in make-up and food (strawberry yoghurt, anyone?). Using foundations that contain a common sunscreen ingredient benzophenone may, in fact, cause hormonal imbalances, increase risk of fibromyalgia and some forms of cancer.

Well, I love myself too much to get those ingredients anywhere close to my skin.

Luckily, there are wonderful companies out there that really do care about their consumers and create beautiful, skin-friendly and natural, often organic, products that work really well.

As you can see, the content of my make-up bag is pretty basic, but this is all I use right now. The only two things I would love to add is a highlighter and eye pencil or kohl.

organic natural make up rms

Un-cover up concealer by RMS Beauty. Although I don’t use concealer or foundation on a daily basis, I needed one for special occasions and days when I do wear proper make-up. The Un-cover Up comes in a tiny beautiful pot and works as a concealer and light foundation. I must mention here that the pot is made of glass, which is very important because plastic leaks xenoestrogens into any oil-based product increasing risk of oestrogen imbalance in the body, so glass containers are always a better choice.

What I liked about this little beauty the most is how well it matched my skin tone (I use No.11) It was undetectable! I also noticed that it made my skin feel softer and more velvety, which was a lovely side-effect. It contains coconut oil, which has antibacterial properties, castor oil that works as anti-inflammatory and anti-aging agent (it’s been highly praised by women in my country because it’s a wonderful solution for beautiful eyes lashes as it keeps them strong and encourage growth) and jojoba oil that is very similar to human similar to human sebum, packed with vitamins and wax that can mimic skin collagen. Jojoba oil also works as a natural SPF.

I cannot believe I’ve lived without Un-Cover Up for so long.

Korres Wild Rose Brightening Compact Powder. This is something I bought a few months ago while looking for paraben free powder. It is free from mineral oils, propylene glycol and ethanolamine. It’s very fine milled, so feels and looks like a veil.

Korres Powder Blusher. Just as the compact powder, it’s free from paraben, mineral oils, propylene glycol and ethanolamine. I love the Natural shade (No. 15), which adds just a little bit of colour to the cheeks. It’s very subtle and yet you will notice the difference before and after you apply.

Korres Volumising Mascara in Black. I like it because it didn’t irritate my eyes and was easy to apply. It also contains abyssinia oil and vitamin B5 that strengthen the lashes. However, some shades do contain carmine. Since I’ve almost run out I will be switching to Terre d’Oc organic mascara soon.

Terre d’Oc organic lipsticks in in 202 and 204. Love them so much! The colours are gorgeous and buildable. The texture is velvety and doesn’t dry out the lips. The 202 is a lovely cherry’ish red, a sort of red that isn’t “in your face”, but certainly noticeable. On me the colour looks similar to strawberry jam with just a hint of cherry purple in it. The 204 is a colour of milk chocolate that looks very natural, although you can apply it in several layers to intensify. Will definitely buy them again and most likely try other shades, too. Oh, and they smell like berries!

OPI Suzy Says Da! in a rich chocolate shade free from dibutyl phthalate, formaldehyde and toluene.

Ciate Speed Coat is free from formaldehyde, toluene, DBP (dibutyl phthalate), formaldehyde resin and camphor. I must admit, I fell for the packaging before anything else. Got to love the little black ribbon!

Ecotools Brushes. I liked the look and the concept behind the brand and these brushes work for me nicely.

Photo source: Glamour UK March 2012, personal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts