Kênh Tên Miền chuyên cung cấp tên miền đẹp, giá rẻ! Hãy liên hệ kỹ thuật: 0914205579 - Kinh doanh: 0912191357 để được tư vấn, hướng dẫn miễn phí, Cảm ơn quý khách đã ủng hộ trong thời gian qua!
kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Tuesday 8 May 2012

Good Morning chickies!! Not happy to be back to the daily grind, but here's something that will cheer anyone up - two of the new Revlon Lip Butters!


Seems everyone's been talking about these, and having never tried Revlon products, I thought it was time to give them a go!



I bought two shades, Tutti Frutti (an orangey-peach), and Peach Parfait (a warm golden peach, although I personally think it looks more like a coral!).

Isn't the packaging gorgeous? I love the quilted design!


Left: Tutti Frutti, Right: Peach Parfait
I went for the two shades which are of the colour families I always go for - Corals and Peaches - instead of opting for anything more different.

I know I should be more adventurous, instead of just accumulating hundreds of lipsticks in the same shades, but they're so darn pretty >.< 



The formula is very 'buttery', looking quite glossy and balm like, with a good level of pigmentation for something which is a balm. On the back of my hand these just looked bee-yoo-ti-ful, and I was so excited to get these home and try them out.

Tutti Frutti with Vaseline

*sigh* Unfortunately, the formula just didn't quite work on my lips. The shade below, Peach Parfait, was good, and the picture is my lips with the lip butter applied normally. It applied very easily and felt like a moisturising balm.

However, when I applied Tutti Frutti, the only bit that picked up colour were the dry bits, leaving me with the most horrible patchy, dry looking lips!! Seriously, I had Tutti Frutti coloured dry bits, and nothing on the rest!! I'm not even going to upload the photo, it was that gross to look at. I think maybe it was to do with this shade being much more pigmented than the others.

After some major exfoliation and multiple layers of Vaseline, I reapplied it *very* lightly, and the above picture is what it looked like. Quite nice, but nothing like the buttery, creamy orangey peach I was hoping for...

I'll probably try this again, but with much much better prep for my lips beforehand.

Peach Parfait

Boohoo, I so wanted to completely adore these lip butters. On paper they're everything I look for in a lippie (I'm a Rouge Volupte addict and am always on the look out for a similar creamy formula but with a lot more moisturisation) but this didn't quite live up to what I was expecting. I thought because it was billed as a 'balm', that this wouldn't need the extreme prep lipsticks like Rouge Volupte need beforehand, and I'd be able to just slick it on and go. Ah well, the search continues...


Wearing Tutti Frutti very lightly.
I do like the lip butters and the shades, but I think the hype maybe set me up for disappointment a little bit.

F.Y.I I bought these from Boots for £7.99 each.

In other news, I'm going to the hairdressers tonight, and am considering getting a longish (around chin-length) bob! What do you think? Good decision or massive mistake? :P

Emma
xxx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts