Kênh Tên Miền chuyên cung cấp tên miền đẹp, giá rẻ! Hãy liên hệ kỹ thuật: 0914205579 - Kinh doanh: 0912191357 để được tư vấn, hướng dẫn miễn phí, Cảm ơn quý khách đã ủng hộ trong thời gian qua!
kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Wednesday 18 April 2012

I don't know if anyone has heard of this, but there a few posters for this up around a couple of tube stations in London. The beautiful woman on the front, along with the image itself, captured my imagination, and I did a bit of research on this to find out what it was about.





It's a film directed by Luc Besson (who also directed La Femme Nikita, if you haven't seen this, check it out here, it's a fantastic film) and the plot line of the story is quite different from what the image led me to believe...

From the pretty, peaceful looking image, I assumed this would be some kind of love story, with not too much violence...etc. However, the film follows the story of Aung San Suu Kyi, as she rose to political prominence in Burma with the Burmese democracy movement.

Just reading about this woman, it seems she's led an incredible life, fighting for democracy in Burma whilst facing pressure from the Government, winning the Nobel Peace Prize in 1991, and recently taking office in Burma!

It's opened to mixed reviews, but I personally really want to see this. It seems that whilst it is a political story, the film also focuses on the romance between Aung San Suu Kyi and her late husband, writer Michael Aris.



I love a good romance, but equally I adore anything involving strong women who have shaped history, so this is right up my street.

It's currently available on Amazon for £11.49, I think I might have to buy this sometime soon!

Has anyone else heard of this or seen it? What do you think?

Emma

xxx




0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts